Sunday 31 January 2010

All the president's men.

After watching the classic story about Woodward and Bernstein cracking the case of the Watergate scandal I've come to realise how journalism today has really shied away from its true roots. They just don't make 'em like they use to, and if they do they certainly aren't getting their voices heard. Take me for example. Here I am writing about how angry I am that journalism today has become this twisted hybrid of bullshit facts and lustful imagery, and yet I won't get heard. Who in this day and age reads a nobodies blog and takes it seriously. I mean I understand the value of the Internet but it has so many flaws. Too many flaws.
Its stories like "all the president's men" that make me feel the way I feel and do what I want to do. How I'll get there, university, hopefully. Whether I'll get heard, well only time will tell.
I'm also very interested to see why no-one has yet asked George Bush if he's up for a confrontation like David Frost did with Richard Nixon. I mean of course Nixon was flawed but you don't get a more flawed politician than one George W. Bush. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment